2021 Camp Staff Dates & Detail
2021 Camp Staff Dates
- Leadership, Vienna House and Light in the Valley core teams will begin planning online in the spring
- All Staff will attend a May mini-retreat (May 22-23) and staff training (begins June 20)
- In-Person camp staff will be expected to remain ON SITE for the duration of their contract. Most staff will work either 3 or just over 5 weeks at Shrine Mont. All staff will have regular time off, but will spend their breaks on the mountain.
Hiring Timeline for all Applicants:
Our process in 2021 is different than in previous years. Please note that the dates listed in this timeline are estimated, but we will be in contact regularly with updates or slight adjustments as necessary.
March-April 2021: Applications are available and accepted for the camp season. Click here to begin your application. Applicants are encouraged to complete their application promptly, as we will hire on a rolling basis. Click here to read more about available positions.
All applicants will receive confirmation that their application has been received. References will be contacted upon submission of a complete application.
Due to the number of applicants, not all applicants will be asked to interview. However, you should hear back regarding your process. If you have any questions, email Paris Ball for support.
Interviews will be conducted throughout the month of March, with a goal of all staff positions filled by mid-April. All interviews will be online, and may be in an individual or a group setting.
April 11: Leadership kick off their work together with a daylong virtual orientation
May 22-23: Camp Staff will participate in a virtual mini-retreat, and team work continues afterward. Staff should receive official contracts and paperwork, and pre-camp training and orientation sessions will be offered throughout the month.
June 20, 2021: 2021 Camp Staff training session begins. Detail tba, but will consist of both online training gatherings as well as in-person training at Shrine Mont.
- 1st year counselors: $250 per week, plus room and board.
- 2nd year counselors: $275 per week, plus room and board.
- 3rd year counselors and beyond: $300 per week, plus room and board.
- Leadership Staff: $325 per week, plus room and board. ($25 will be added to weekly pay if the individual returns for a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th summer in the same position).
All persons hired for Shrine Mont Camp staffs are required to have current certifications in first aid and CPR, submit the Consent to Treat form, and complete a Voluntary Disclosure Statement about criminal history. These forms will be mailed to you at a later date.