Often times we get so excited for camp that we forget to think about some of the logistics or details.. until the last minute. Here are some helpful reminders that will make your arrival at camp even smoother (and more fun)!!
- Shrine Mont is located about 2 hours from the DC area and 3 hours from Richmond. Please plan your travel, considering traffic, so that you are able to arrive at Shrine Mont on time for drop off and pick up. For directions please visit www.shrinemont.com.
- The check in process can take an hour - 90 minutes, please plan accordingly! And it's hot out there (even though we'll keep you covered from the sun) .. please bring water! Most camps open at 2pm, with the exception of St. Andrew's and Explorers' the Great which begin at 10am.
- Each session of camp closes with a worship service that we hope you will join us for! Closing (worship included) also take about 90 minutes. *Note: Please always check out with your campers cabin counselor before leaving.
- What should I bring?? Attached you'll find our 2017 Shrine Mont Camps packing list. If you have further questions please email Maggie Kennedy.
- Leave the technology at home!! Shrine Mont is a place apart, we get really excited about making friendships with those around us at camp, and taking a break from screens. Please leave any wifi connecting devices or cell phones at home. You are able to call the Shrine Mont Camps office should you need to be in touch with us or your camper at (540) 856-3113.
- Now, about those Health Forms. Everyone MUST SUBMIT a copy of the 2017 Shrine Mont Camps Health Record. If there is not a physician's signature on the form, we will need a copy or records of your child's last visit to the doctor within 15 months of their session. We must see a physician's signature on either the Health Record or the most recent physical (within 15 months of camp). Check out a few other reminders from our camp nurse here.
- If you are planning on sending mail to your camper (remember letters only please!! ) please address it like below:
Name of Camp
Orkney Springs, VA 22845
And, if you're hoping they will write you back, we recommend sending your camper with pre-addressed and stamped envelopes!