Often times we get so excited for camp that we forget to think about some of the logistics or details.. until the last minute. Here are some helpful reminders that will make your arrival at camp even smoother (and more fun)!!
- LOCATION: Shrine Mont is located about 2 hours from the DC area and 3 hours from Richmond. Please plan your travel, considering traffic, so that you are able to arrive at Shrine Mont on time for drop off and pick up. For directions please visit www.shrinemont.com.
- CHECK IN: The check in process can take 60 to 90 minutes, so please plan accordingly! Bring water to hydrate while you wait! Most camps open at 2pm, with the exception of St. Andrew's and Explorers' the Great which open at 10am.
- CLOSING: Please join us for closing worship! Closing (worship included) takes about 90 minutes. *Note: Please always check out with your campers cabin counselor before leaving.
- PACKING: Attached you'll find our Shrine Mont Camps packing list. If you have further questions please email the Camp Registrar.
- TECHNOLOGY POLICY: Leave the technology at home!! Shrine Mont is a place apart. Please leave any wifi-connecting devices or cell phones at home. You are able to call the Shrine Mont Camps office should you need to be in touch with us or your camper at (540) 856-3113.
- HEALTH FORMS: Everyone MUST SUBMIT a copy of the Shrine Mont Camps Health Form. You can do one of two things: have a doctor fill out the form for you, OR send a copy of a recent doctor's physical with a copy of the health form which has been filled out by you. Any doctor's physical send in for this reason MUST be from within the last 15 months! Check out a few other reminders from our camp nurse here.
- MAIL: If you are planning on sending mail to your camper (remember letters only please!! ) please address it like below:
Name of Camp
Orkney Springs, VA 22845
And, if you're hoping they will write you back, we recommend sending your camper with pre-addressed and stamped envelopes!