10. Today I showed up at breakfast with the goofiest bedhead ever. No one said a thing.
9. Then I had a lengthy deep conversation with another chaplain. Again, not even a glance at my goofy hair. I could have been wearing a collar and power suit and had the same serious conversation. But those trappings are just not needed here.
8. Really, you don’t have to wear the silly turtleneck.
7. Worship time is anytime. Any place.
6. Shrine Mont in June is beautiful. Just beautiful.
5. Connecting with campers on a spiritual level happens, in direct correlation to, or in spite of, your lesson plans.
4. Campers will stretch your pedagogical limits and find you some teaching muscles you never knew you had.
3. Cool mountain air.
2. Cold mountain springs.
1. Happy children everywhere, each one a unique creation of God.
By Jen Kimball
Photo credit: Parker Benbow